For anyone who wants to check in on Ava, we thought this would be an easy way to tell her story...

Saturday, October 8, 2011

11 months old today!!

Happy 11 months to baby Ava!! I can't believe she is 11 months old already! Where has the time gone?! Its sad that I don't remember much from the early months.  Most of my memory has to do with what's been going on during these past 4 months, I guess because so much has happened. I figured out that today is her 77th day away from home, 77 days that our family has been apart. She has absolutely no memory of home. :(
Moving on, our night last night was HORRIBLE!  She was irritable, hungry, thirsty, and a crying mess. She usually goes to be around 8:00 for me, but last night she just rolled around crying till 4:45 this morning!! I had her in the bed with me and she couldn't get comfortable, I ended up calling the unit we had just been discharged from and talked with the nurses. Apparently, this is a reaction to steroids...which she had for 2 days. I have never seen anything like it, I was exhausted. We finally feel asleep around 4:45 only to be woken up at 7:00 by the alarm of her fluid pump. It usually goes off and I am able to unhook and flush her while she sleeps...but nope, not today. She was up and ready for breakfast and fun. Thank goodness she took some naps today, I was able to close my eyes too. Drew is on Ava duty tonight and said she has been sleeping since 7:45, Im not surprised, she was worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment