For anyone who wants to check in on Ava, we thought this would be an easy way to tell her story...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just a quick check in to let everyone know that Ava is doing fine, so far, knock on wood...
They say that GVHD symptoms (if any) don't usually appear until weeks or months after a DLI so there really is nothing to look for at the moment. They will draw blood in clinic tomorrow to start looking at the lymphocytes again, this will be a weekly test. Tomorrow's blood work may be a little soon to show anything just yet and the results wont be available until Friday, but we will see.
We had a good weekend. It snowed yesterday, which was crazy. Drew switched with me early morning so I could go home to be with Audrey, boys, and dogs.  Anyone who knows me knows I will NOT drive if there is a snowflake in the air. Drew was afraid I would be stuck downtown afraid to drive so we switched houses and kids. I spent the day home with Audrey, Brennan, and Casey, we stayed in our jammies all day and did nothing...well they did nothing. I cleaned, did 10 loads of laundry, and cleaned out closets. It was a very productive day for me and it was nice to have the whole day home. Even my furry babies were happy to have their mama around. Drew was with Ava and they had a great day together...he definitely got a taste of a full day of baby duty!
Chance, Gus, & Shmoo
Yesterday happened to be our 6 year anniversary, it kinda crept up on us. Neither of us were really prepared, but we did have cards that we exchanged in passing...which has sadly become our way of life.
I got back for Ava duty this afternoon and we had a nice evening together. She is super excited for Halloween tomorrow! I have her costume all ready for her clinic appointment in the morning. I will be posting some pictures tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment