For anyone who wants to check in on Ava, we thought this would be an easy way to tell her story...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Ava!!

Ava is 1 yr old today! Its hard to believe that it has been a whole year already. Everyone has been asking me if I remember the day she was born...how could I forget? I didn't sleep at all the night before, I was so uncomfortable and couldn't wait for morning to come so I could get to the hospital (I was being induced). I was admitted, hooked up to pitocin, and Drew and I visited with my mom, Mike, and Aunt Jeri, while waiting for my labor to start. All was great, for a while. I was having some contractions, but nothing I couldn't handle...this was going to be a cinch! I thought I would wait a bit before asking for my epidural because the pain was tolerable. When my contractions got a bit more intense they decided to break my water. My mom, Mike, and Jeri decided to go grab a "quick" snack from the cafeteria while I had this done. Right after my water broke, I decided to beg and plead ask for my epidural because the pain was like nothing I could ever describe. Thank goodness my epidural was on the way!! I think I may have passed out while the anesthesiologist gave it to me, or that may have been Drew...I can't really remember.  It didn't seem to work the first try, so he came in again and administered more. When my head started spinning he gave some more but it could never catch up, my labor was progressing too fast. Mom, Mike, and Jeri came back up and was told by the nurses that I was having the baby. The rest of it is a blur, I do remember pleading for my life and Drew turning white as a ghost. He couldn't handle seeing me in that much pain. Thank goodness she came out weighing only 6 lbs, 1oz!  I don't know how women do that with big babies!
Ava Jane

I will say that within a couple hours after she was born, I was feeling pretty good. Its unbelievable how your body can go through something so crazy and then you kinda forget (sort of). She was perfect and beautiful and I was thrilled to have her out of me :)
 Now, she is still (almost) perfect and beautiful and the sweetest baby ever!
 Happy 1st birthday to our precious girl Ava, we love you more than words can say. This past year has been difficult, but you have brought us so much happiness. You are so strong and brave...a real little trooper! We want you well so you can come home and be with us again. We hope for nothing but good health and positive news from this point on, and that this birthday will be the first of many, many more happy, healthy birthdays for you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ava! You are one beloved little girl and you have more people than you'll ever know cheering you on. We all look forward to the day you can finally bring her home and enjoy family life in only one setting. Unless you get a vacation house in Vale...that would be okay for another setting. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete