For anyone who wants to check in on Ava, we thought this would be an easy way to tell her story...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

HOME!

Today has been 1 week since Ava has been home. It has taken some adjusting but we are falling right back into our old routines. From the moment we brought her in she was so calm and comfortable, it was like she knew she was home. The first couple of nights she actually slept in her crib all night! We were so thrilled and hoped that she was back into her old habits....but all that changed on Monday :(  She still sleeps in her crib but wakes every couple of hours and requires rocking to get back down. We are tired but will not complain, we are home.
After I get Audrey off to school, Ava and I stay in and do all sorts of fun things. She loves to explore all the rooms, toys, and is obsessed with the animals. Chance especially loves having her home, she won't let Ava out of her sight! Audrey loves having us all home too. She has gone through so much change in the past 4 months, Im hoping that being together helps her and puts her mind at ease.




The first couple of days were rough. I had to get used to taking care of all the kids at once. I had 4 months of one kid at a time and now everyone is here. Between Audrey, the boys, the house, the animals, Drew, and Ava with all her medical care...Im beat at the end of the day!! And to top it off, Ava doesn't nap! Im sure she would if I took the time to lay down with her like I did in the apartment, but Audrey doesn't allow that, my 2 hour napping days are over :(
Along with the everyday stuff, we still have our clinic appointments to go to.  This past week she has shown some signs of a rash of some sort but we have been told that it doesn't really look like GVHD. It doesn't really meet the criteria for it, so we are using a fungal cream and watching. Other than that, she is doing great!! Her counts have been amazing, and we just keep hoping for encouraging news each time we go.  All in all, I love being back. I love waking up and having us all here. I love drinking my coffee in the morning and watching the girls play. I love knowing that Im here for Audrey and she feels more secure. And I love that we will be together for the holidays...the best present of all.

2 comments:

  1. I need to remember to visit yor blog with tissues. The picture with Ava & Chance got me started then your words about Audrey and having coffee while watching them play finished me off. Coffee always makes me emotional.

    Absolutely ecstatic she is home.

    Welcome Home, Ladies. Both of you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie I am thrilled for you all to have your family together under one roof again!! I will continue to pray fro lil miss Ava for her continued progress!Please keep posting when you can,your blog puts a smile on my face. Again, welcome home- relax and enjoy your beautiful family mama!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete