For anyone who wants to check in on Ava, we thought this would be an easy way to tell her story...

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ava is coming home!!

We got the best news on Monday!!  Ava is allowed to come home!  Her test results showed a slight drop in the percent of her own lymphocytes (90% to 84%), and all other parts of her blood are still at 100%. Dr. Chen is pleased and hopes that all is moving in the right direction. For now we will wait and watch. Thank goodness Dr. Chen feels that it is no longer critical for her to be within minutes of the hospital. If for some reason we need to return for further treatment, we will deal with it when the time comes, but for now she will come home. The rules are still the same for home so I will be doing everything that I have been doing here at the apartment (cleaning, sanitizing, cleaning, and sanitizing) but at least I will be stuck in my own house! She will continue her clinic appointments twice a week and we can only hope for progress.
I had been wanting to do an update last week but was in a little funk. I was feeling really down and depressed about the whole situation. I guess with Thanksgiving and all the holidays approaching, I was feeling like we were never getting out of here. When we got the news Monday afternoon I wanted to write immediately, but never got the chance. Instead I sent out a mass text and also posted the news on facebook...news sure travels fast!
We have decided to bring her home on Thursday (tomorrow) because we had some things to take care of first. I have spent the past 2 days packing up the apartment, cleaning, and loading up my car. I was home last night and was up past midnight putting clothes away in her room, doing laundry, and freaking out. I can't believe Im bringing her home tomorrow. Drew will meet me at the house before the other kids get home from school, we will bring her in together and show her around. She won't know what to do first.
We will be sure to take lots of pictures tomorrow, especially when she is reunited with her bff, Chance!! I can't wait to see Chance's reaction when she sees her long lost baby (who cares about the kids reactions right? As long as my dog is happy...) :)
I am outta here!!!!
Thank you EVERYONE for your sweet responses! We know that many thoughts and prayers have been with us through all of this. We are not out of the woods yet, but at least we are moving on to the next chapter. Sweet Ava Jane will be home with her family tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. Our deepest support prayers hope and love to you all!!

    Lou Lauren Ray and Skyler Ellison

    ReplyDelete