For anyone who wants to check in on Ava, we thought this would be an easy way to tell her story...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Guess who has a cold?

ME!! I have a stupid cold! I have spent months trying avoid people like me :(
The big day is Wednesday and I have to keep both girls healthy...its enough to make me crazy (or crazier).  All I can do is wear my mask, wash my hands 1,000,000,000 times, and hope its enough to keep the germs away.
 As of last night, we were told to stop Ava's cyclosporine. That was the anti rejection medicine that she got twice a day for the past 3 months...and the one that made her hairy. In the next couple of weeks she will lose the extra hair she grew but will still remain cute. For 2 days before the DLI, she is to get prednisone, which I have started tonight. I know from her last experience with steroids that she had a horrible time and couldn't get comfortable, I am prepared for a long night. 
Today, Audrey had an appointment for blood work. It was pre blood work before she has more taken on Wed for the DLI.  Today she was awake for it but on Wed she will be slightly sedated because of the amount they need to get.  She was amazing this morning, such a little trooper...Im so proud of her!

2 comments:

  1. Hi julie. We enjoyed 1/3 of your family last night! We cant wait to hang with all 6 of you. We said a special prayer for yall before dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't even come up with a cheeky comment to you being sick right now. I mean really. I'm designing your bubble now. Will overnight ASAP. Thinking of you tonight and hoping like mad the steroids just make her groggy this time around. P.S. You look cute as a nurse.even Ava wants to gobble your face. xoxo

    ReplyDelete